Are you ready to find peace of mind and freedom again?
Stepping out of the madness of addiction is the most helpful thing you can do for your child!
All parents want their children to be happy and healthy. So, when an addiction problem causes your child to self-destruct before your eyes, the pain is unfathomable. Most parents, out of love, try to step in and fix their child’s problem of addiction.
Unfortunately, many addicted individuals do not have the motivation to stop abusing drugs/alcohol.
So, a battle begins:
Parental attempts to control the problem lead to frustration, anxiety, anger, chaos, and despair.
Meanwhile, these attempts do nothing to help the addicted person.
Knowing what to do can be so difficult – especially when friends and family suggest that you do the very things that lead to more suffering. Parents need support and guidance from someone who understands and has experience with this problem.
You are not alone – it is NOT intuitive.
Many parents lead unmanageable and painful lives for years when struggling with this issue. Meanwhile, the disease of addiction often progresses and relationships are damaged.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
There are things you can do and ways to treat an addicted loved one that increase peace and the chance of positive outcomes.
I help lots of parents just like you. I hope you will reach out and empower yourself and your loved ones.
I have been learning how to achieve inner peace and well-being since I was a teenager, and I love sharing the methods and knowledge I have gleaned to help others. My own family has suffered from the effects of addiction, so I know firsthand how devastating those effects can be. While helping lots of clients and friends with this problem, I’ve seen how the parents of adult children with addiction problems face unique challenges that can be extremely difficult.
I am passionate about helping these parents find peace of mind and freedom, while taking action that is helpful to their children also.
Find out how I can help here.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master of Science in Counseling Psychology, University of Baltimore, graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Lassen Memorial Scholarship – for outstanding counseling skills and academic achievement, 2011
- Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology
- Alpha Chi National College Honor Scholarship Society
- Wagman Applied Psychology Lab Research Intern
- Certified Family Recovery and Wellness Coach, Coaching Choice College
- Certified Cognitive Behavioral Life Coach
- Certified Yoga teacher
- Certified Mindfulness practitioner
- Certified in Exposure and Ritual Prevention for OCD (Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of PA)
- Certified in the treatment of Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors (The TLC Foundation)
Owner and psychotherapist at Victoria Stith, LLC
Adjunct Professor, University of Baltimore
Clinical Intern at Anxiety and Stress Disorders Institute of Maryland
Psychotherapist at Resource Group Counseling and Education Center
Expertise in treating Anxiety Disorders and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), member